Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 18,700 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides system and other administrative/technical support for the environmental and health & safety function as directed/required.
- Supports all matters of environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance as required. Specific duties include; completing/participating in EHS assessments, creating and implementing EHS training tools, as needed, and assisting plants with regulatory/compliance issues.
- Maintains EHS information management systems including maintenance and resolution of system issues. Systems include; Material Safety Data Sheets/Safety Data sheets and tools used to generate safety reports, air reports and compliance tasks.
- Responsible for maintaing the integrity of EHS reports for internal and external customers.
- Gathers data from various sources and maintains EHS budget .
- Manages miscellaneous projects, e.g. creates surveys to support continuous improvement efforts in the department, as necessary.
- Maintains content on EHS portal site.
- Supports/facilitates the establishment of EHS contracts including writing purchase orders, writing scopes of work and soliciting bids as required.
- Coordinates/facilitates EHS training requirements including; tracking training, organizing training classes and entering training content into computer based training.
- Prepares presentations, department newsletters and other publications as required.
- Develops and implements plans for the bi-annual EHS conference and Awareness campaigns, including National Safety Month and Earth Day. Represents EHS with sustainability initiatives.
- Serves as main point of contact for Perillon (EHS system) issues.
- Administrative Support
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate to advanced Excel
- Systems and Reporting knowledge and experience
10% of travel
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.